Saturday, April 12, 2008

Annual Ski Trip to Snow Shoe Mtn.

First of all thank you, Kimberly, for encouraging me to start this blog. I really enjoy yours and your sister's. I hope to keep up with it at least once a week. And now for my first post....



Ours and many other families go on an annual snow ski trip every year at the end of February. This is our fourth year, and it is always so much fun. The only problem is that every year someone breaks an arm. The first year it was an adult, the second it was Dell's son, Wen. Last year it was the teenage son of a good friend of mine, and, well, you have to know where this is going...Yep, this year it was our turn. Tristan broke his arm snow boarding. It was classic. Just Kelly, myself, and Tristan were skiing together. We got to the bottom and I was hoping that would be it for the day, but we asked if he wanted to go on one more run, and of course he said yes. Well, about 50 yards later down he went. As I approached he said "don't touch my arm, it's broken." he was much tougher than many men I have seen. Not one tear. I couldn't believe it when I saw the x-ray. Broken in two, and he never cried. I did (haha), but he didn't.



Well, bless his heart, it ruined his birthday plans. His 11th birthday was March 24 and we were supposed to go to Myrtle Beach with a couple of his friends and race go carts, and needless to say he certainly couldn't drive with one hand. He was certain he could, but I assured him that even if he could I wasn't going to let him as I am pretty sure he would have broken the other arm at some point. :) So we decided together that we would just wait until his arm has completely healed, and then we will go.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a story! I am excited to follow the adventures of Wendy and the Crumps!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Yeah! Another blogger!
I'm excited to hear about you and the fam! Happy b-day to the kiddies!